- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Missouri hangs on to top Texas Tech in OT
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Marcus Denmon and Kim English scored 20 points apiece to lead Missouri to a 94-89 win over Texas Tech in overtime Wednesday night.
The Tigers scored on their first five possessions in overtime to go up 90-86. The Red Raiders pulled within 90-89 on a three-point play by Brad Reese with 1:01 to go. But Denmon and Michael Dixon hit two free throws apiece to seal it for Missouri (14-3, 2-0 Big 12).
The game went into overtime after Texas Tech scored 13 points in the final 1:01, including two 3-pointers by Reese, one by Nick Okorie and a layup by Mike Singletary to pull the Red Raiders within 79-77 with 25.5 seconds remaining.
John Roberson hit two free throws with 15.8 seconds left to tie it 79-79 and force overtime.
Roberson scored 25 points -- all in the second half -- to lead the Red Raiders (12-4, 0-2).
The Tigers had six players in double figures, while Texas Tech had four.
The Red Raiders went to the 3-pointer late to get back into the game. They shot 20 3s in the second half.
Roberson was 4 of 10 from beyond the arc, and the team finished 12 of 27 from 3-point range.
Reese hit a 3-pointer with 1:01 remaining in regulation before Theron Jenkins stole Missouri's inbound pass and found Reese wide open for another 3 to pull the Red Raiders within 74-72.
Denmon and Keith Ramsey hit three free throws between them to make it 77-72 before Okorie's 3-pointer made it 77-75 with 37.5 seconds left in regulation.
Denmon sank two free throws to put the Tigers up 79-75 before Singletary hit his layup to make it 79-77. That's when Roberson hit his two free throws to send it into overtime.
Reese hit on 5 of 6 from 3-point range to finish with 20 points.