- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Joe Walter Allison, 84, of Advance died Friday, April 8, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 1, 1920, at Kennett, Mo., son of Arthur and Ethel Clay Allison.
Allison was a heavy equipment operator. He was a member of American Legion.
He was a U.S. Army Air Corps veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife of Benton, Ark.; a son, Joe Allison of Camden, Ohio; a daughter, Joyce Standridge of Moore, Okla.; a brother, Bill Allison of Advance; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home Sunday from 12:30 p.m. to service time.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery at Kennett, Mo.