- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Prayers, kindnesses appreciated
To the editor:
Many thanks to everyone, including religious leaders, who expressed sympathy to us Catholics and promised prayers at this time of the death of Pope John Paul II. We also took notice of the flags flown at half-mast, and for that too we are deeply grateful. Your many gestures of kindness we shall always remember.
Bishop JOHN J. LEIBRECHT,
Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau, Springfield, Mo.