- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)5
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Prayers, kindnesses appreciated
To the editor:
Many thanks to everyone, including religious leaders, who expressed sympathy to us Catholics and promised prayers at this time of the death of Pope John Paul II. We also took notice of the flags flown at half-mast, and for that too we are deeply grateful. Your many gestures of kindness we shall always remember.
Bishop JOHN J. LEIBRECHT,
Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau, Springfield, Mo.