- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Prayers, kindnesses appreciated
To the editor:
Many thanks to everyone, including religious leaders, who expressed sympathy to us Catholics and promised prayers at this time of the death of Pope John Paul II. We also took notice of the flags flown at half-mast, and for that too we are deeply grateful. Your many gestures of kindness we shall always remember.
Bishop JOHN J. LEIBRECHT,
Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau, Springfield, Mo.