- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Prayers, kindnesses appreciated
To the editor:
Many thanks to everyone, including religious leaders, who expressed sympathy to us Catholics and promised prayers at this time of the death of Pope John Paul II. We also took notice of the flags flown at half-mast, and for that too we are deeply grateful. Your many gestures of kindness we shall always remember.
Bishop JOHN J. LEIBRECHT,
Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau, Springfield, Mo.