- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
Jackson honors school board
The Jackson community benefits every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson School Board members work with school staff and community members to ensure that decisions bout Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 24 to 30 has been designated as School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, school faculty and staff and community members to honor these individuals who serve public education on behalf of our community. They serve as examples for our young people modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society.
Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our Jackson School Board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Bruce Thomas, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District