- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Jackson honors school board
The Jackson community benefits every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson School Board members work with school staff and community members to ensure that decisions bout Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 24 to 30 has been designated as School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, school faculty and staff and community members to honor these individuals who serve public education on behalf of our community. They serve as examples for our young people modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society.
Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our Jackson School Board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Bruce Thomas, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District