- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Jackson honors school board
The Jackson community benefits every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by the members of the Jackson School Board. Our school board members are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. Jackson School Board members work with school staff and community members to ensure that decisions bout Jackson's public schools are made as close to the needs of our children and community as possible.
The week of Jan. 24 to 30 has been designated as School Board Recognition Week by the Missouri School Boards Association. It is a time for students, parents, school faculty and staff and community members to honor these individuals who serve public education on behalf of our community. They serve as examples for our young people modeling the excellent tradition of volunteering that is a hallmark of our society.
Please join me in recognizing the important contributions of our Jackson School Board members: Gerald Adams, Cathy Goodman, Dr. T. Wayne Lewis, Dan Stover, Bruce Thomas, Terri Tomlin and Brent Wills.
Dr. RON ANDERSON, Superintendent, Jackson School District