- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Laurie leaves Mizzou
Reserve Laurie will leave Mizzou
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Backup Missouri point guard Spencer Laurie announced Thursday that he is transferring at the end of the current academic year.
Laurie, who played in only seven games as a sophomore because of knee and ankle injuries, and coach Quin Snyder issued brief statements Thursday about the 6-foot-1 guard's decision to leave.
"Mizzou is a special place to me and I have had a very positive experience during my time here," Laurie said. "I thank coach Snyder and his staff for the opportunities I have had the last two years and wish them the best of luck in the future."
Snyder wished his former player well.
"Spencer has epitomized what being a student-athlete and teammate is all about," he said. "I appreciate all of the contributions he has made while he has been here and the attitude he brought to the court each and every day."