- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Virginia M. Emmendorfer, 79, of Perryville died Saturday, Jan. 9, 2010, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Feb. 17, 1930, in Perryville, daughter of Albert C. and Ruth V. Feltz Fadler. She and Sylvester J. Emmendorfer were married April 15, 1950.
Mrs. Emmendorfer was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Perpetual Adoration, former Girl Scout leader and former member of Ladies Sodality.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Steven J. (Debra) Emmendorfer of Plainville, Conn.; three daughters, Debra (Robert) Prost of Perryville, Karen (Richard) Cattoor of St. Louis, Donna (John) Prost of Perryville; 13 grandchildren, Allison, Adam, Danielle, Lindsey, Scott, Jared and Andrew Prost, Christine and Wesley Cattoor, Stephanie Dennis, Briana, Cheyenne and Daniel Emmendorfer; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sisters, Shirley Doering and Geraldine Fadler; and a brother, Donald Fadler.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to St. Vincent High School, Centennial Endowment Fund or the American Diabetes Association.