- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Marie Davis, 88, of Scott City died Sunday, Jan. 10, 2010, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born April 3, 1921, in Tupelo, Ark., daughter of John and Lilly Grade Graves. She and Author Clyde Davis Sr. were married in 1936. He preceded her in death in 1965.
Marie was a retired machine operator with Sports Specialty Shoe Factory and Florsheim Shoe Co., both in Chaffee.
Survivors include a son, Ronnie Davis of Bogue Chitto, Miss.; three daughters, Kathryn Surface of Bogue Chitto, Barbara Wright of Morley, Mo., Carla Hanks of Oran, Mo.; 22 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, two sons, two daughters, four sisters, three brothers and three grandsons.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ken Strong officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery in Scott City.