- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Bertha "Toots" Ahrens, 96, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 10, 2010, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born Oct. 30, 1913, in New Hamburg, Mo., to Louis and Caroline Schott Kilhafner.
She and Jack Ahrens were married Oct. 26, 1936, at Oran, Mo. He preceded her in death Sept. 13, 1984.
Ahrens was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and St. Ann's Sodality. She was owner of Sani Creme Drive-In in Cape Girardeau 13 years.
Survivors include two nephews, Paul Oliver (Jo) of Cape Girardeau, Bill Oliver (JoAnn) of Carbondale, Ill.; five nieces, Carolyn Ronza of Houston, Mary DeHaan (Mike) of Memphis, Tenn., Betty Buhs of Cape Girardeau, Colleen Day of Worthington, Va., and Mary Jo Delk of Barnwell, S.C.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, three brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Mary's Building on Faith Fund or the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.