- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Vacant home heavily damaged in Scott City
A vacant home in Scott City suffered heavy damage this morning.
Fire chief Jay Cassout said that at 12:38 a.m. firefighters from the city were called to 1501 Mary St. Upon arrival Cassout said flames were showing from the roof. By 3:30 a.m. firefighters had the blaze under control.
Cassout said that while the cause of the fire is unknown, he believes it started in the furnace room.