- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lindmann earns medalist, but Central wins meet
Notre Dame's Will Lindman was the medalist with a 2-over-par 37 in a three-team meet Thursday with Jackson and Central at Kimbeland Country Club.
Central won the meet with a 160, followed by Jackson (167) and Notre Dame (174). Central's Blake Driskell was the only other golfer to break 40, finishing with a 39 on a wet and windy day.
Tyler Sprandle was Jackson's top finisher with a 40.
Central (160) -- Blake Driskell 39, Kirk Lohmann 40, Sam Bornstein 40, Zach Kluesner 41
Jackson (167) -- Tyler Sprandle 40, Nick Robison 41, Ryan Mouser 43, Josh Wheeler 43, Sam Burt 43
Notre Dame (174) -- Will Lindman 37, Brandon Holzum 45, Clayton Eftink 46, Jonathan Blattel 46, Chad Slaten 46, Nick Dirnberger 46
Perryville 180, Herculaneum 199, Ste. Genevieve 206
Senior Scott Ozark paced the Pirates with a 39 on the par-35 course in less than ideal conditions.
"It was a big turnaround for Scott," Perryville coach Paul Sutton said. "He had put up some big numbers early in the week so this was very nice."
Chad Petzoldt was next for Perryville with a 43, while Chris Streiler shot a 48.
Perryville scores -- Scott Ozark 39, Chad Petzoldt 43, Chris Streiler 48, Johnathan Zahner 50, Cory Esselman 50.
JV -- Perryville 199, Ste. Genevieve 246. Medalist -- Corey Lorenz (P), 45.
St. Vincent 184, De Soto 201
St. Vincent improved to 5-0 with a conference dual victory against De Soto at Cottonwood in De Soto.
Corey Brueckner shot a 6-over-par 42 to lead the Indians. Jacob DeWilde and Grant Pingel both shot 47s and Danny Rellergert shot a 48.
JV -- St. Vincent 195, De Soto 233
The Noon Optimist Spring Classic girls soccer tournament was postponed Thursday due to rain.
The event will pick up today with first-round matchups. At 4 p.m., Perrvyille will take on Sikeston and St. Vincent will play Poplar Bluff. Notre Dame will play Marion (Ill.) at 5:30 p.m., and Central will face Farmington at 7 p.m.
Semifinal games and consolation games will be played at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday.
The new date and time for the third-place and championship games has not been determined.