- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Mabel Marie Rubel, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Jan. 9, 2010, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 8, 1940, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Sherman William and Hulda Amelia Borchelt Rubel. She graduated from St. Paul Lutheran School in 1954 and from Jackson High School in 1958. She was also a graduate of Metro Business College in 1959.
Mabel was a ward secretary for Southeast Missouri Hospital from 1960 to 2002, retiring after 42 years of service.
Survivors include one brother, Roy Lee Rubel of Mount Vernon, Ill.; and one sister, Meta Borgfield of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and a sister.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Egypt Mills, Mo., with the Rev. Kevin Olson officiating.
Memorials may be made to St. Paul Lutheran School or Church of Jackson or to Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church of Egypt Mills.
Arrangements by Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home of Jackson.