- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- John F. Sanders, 90, of Chaffee died Jan. 9, 2010, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
He was born Dec. 16, 1919, at Parma, Mo., son of Robert Plumber and Cossie Ada (Ellis) Sanders. He and Alice L. Nordin were married Dec. 8, 1940. She preceded him in death Feb. 25, 2007.
Sanders worked as a carpenter and was a member of the Assembly of God Church in Chaffee. He also attended the House of Prayer in Chaffee.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry (Dorothy) Sanders of Scopus, Mo., Richard (Judy) Sanders of Oak Ridge, Mo.; four daughters, Margie (Leon) Stricklin, Peggy (Terry) Lee, both of Chaffee, Fay (Johny) Lee, Bell City, Mo., Kay (Mike) Scheper, Scott City, Mo.; 17 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and five great-great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother, six sisters, one grandson, one great grandson and one great granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. William Marshall officiating. Burial will follow at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.