- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Cecilia Josephine Barrett, 90, of Palmyra, Mo., formerly of Marble Hill, passed away Sunday, Jan. 3, 2010, at Hannibal Regional Hospital.
She was born Sept. 20, 1919, in Belleville, Ill., daughter of Symon and Anna Schmidt Stockman. She and Carl Ray Barrett Sr. were married July 14, 1950, at Jackson. He preceded her in death Sept. 30, 2000.
Barrett retired after working 22 years at International Hat Factory in Marble Hill. She was a member of County Line Baptist Church near Marble Hill.
She is survived by two sons, Charles (Sharon) Mayrand of Hannibal, Carl Barrett Jr. of Marble Hill; two granddaughters, Melody (Carl) Peiter and Jessie Mayrand; and two great-granddaughters, Rachel and Rebekah Peiter, all of Hannibal.
A daughter, Sandra, preceded her in death.
Graveside service was held Saturday at Lessley Ridge Cemetery near Marble Hill. The Revs. Elijah Allen and Charles Mayrand officiated.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Cecilia's family to help pay expenses.