- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cecilia Josephine Barrett, 90, of Palmyra, Mo., and formerly of Marble Hill, Mo., passed away at Hannibal Regional Hospital on Jan. 3, 2010.
She was born Sept. 20, 1919, at Belleville, Ill., the daughter of Symon and Anna Schmidt Stockman.
She and Carl Ray Barrett Sr. were married July 14, 1950, in Jackson. He preceded her in death Sept. 30, 2000. She retired after working 22 years at the International Hat Factory in Marble Hill. She was a member of the County Line Baptist Church near Marble Hill.
She is survived by two sons, Charles Mayrand of Hannibal and Carl Barrett Jr. of Marble Hill. An infant daughter preceded her in death.
Graveside funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Lessley Ridge Cemetery near Marble Hill. The Revs. Elijah Allen and Charles Mayrand will officiate.