- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Robert C. "Pete" Peterson, 67, of Perryville died Jan. 4, 2010, at his home.
He was born March 22, 1942, in Northfield, Minn., son of Carl O. and Lenore Peloquin Peterson.
He married Mary Margaret Naeger on May 13, 1967, in Perryville.
He worked at Perryville Cheese Co. and served with the National Guard for 22 years.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, Fourth Degree Knight of Columbus in Perryville, the Elks Lodge and American Legion 133.
Survivors include his wife, Marge Peterson of Perryville; a son, James Peterson of St. Louis; a brother, Mark Peterson of Perryville; two sisters, Mary Lou Hof of Florissant, Mo., and Christine Peters of Schaumburg, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son, Jeff Peterson.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers with the Knights of Columbus will be at 7 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Monday. The Rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. at the funeral home.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating.
Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials can be made to St. Vincent School Endowment Fund or the American Cancer Society.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.