- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Rosalie Theresa "Rose" Hillman of rural Scott City was called to her heavenly home Thursday, Jan. 7, 2010.
She was born April 20, 1914, at Kelso, Mo., the daughter of Alexander and Clara Georger Burger.
Rosalie married William E. Hillman on May 9, 1939, in Kelso, Mo. They enjoyed 59 wonderful years together.
She was a great wife, loving and devoted mother and friend to all. She enjoyed her garden with great joy and passion. She also raised animals on her beautiful farm and enjoyed milking the cows and loving all the blessings she was so gifted with. She enjoyed cooking and was noted for her great tasting homemade breads and pastries. In her later years, she did domestic work for others. All who knew her realized her love and enjoyment of life! She will be sadly missed by all, but all learnt something from her many years of experiences in life.
She was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton, Mo. She was also a member of the St. Ann's Ladies Sodality. She graduated from the Common Schools of Missouri on April 22, 1927, in Benton.
She is survived by nine children, Delores (Steve) Ketcherside of St. Peters, Mo., Clara Batye of St. Louis, Jerald (Cherie) Hillman of Scott City, Patrick (Jean) Hillman of Cape Girardeau, Steve (Janice) Hillman of Scott City, Eva (Allen) Richards of Benton, Mary (Marvin) Sherman of St. Charles, Mo., Dale (Barb) Hillman of Hannibal, Mo., Lea Jane Hillman of Cape Girardeau; sisters-in-law Vera Burger of New Hamburg, Mo., and Marie Burger of Scott City; 30 grandchildren; 42 great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews; and lots of dear friends.
Rosalie was preceded in death by her husband, William, in 1998; five children, Elaine, James, Charles, Sherald and Wayne; one son-in-law; one daughter-in-law; two grandchildren; one great-grandchild; six sisters; and five brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at St. Denis Church in Benton. There will be a parish prayer service at 6:30 p.m.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the church with the Rev. Michael Casteel officiating. Burial will follow in St. Denis Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, St. Denis Church or Notre Dame Regional High School.
Amick-Burnett in Benton is in charge of arrangements.