- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Alfredo "Fred" A. Moreno, 71, of Cape Girardeau passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010, at Heartland Care and Rehab in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 19, 1938, in San Antonio, the son of Juan Moreno and Juanita Andrade Moreno. He married Peggy Webster Moreno on June 12, 1982, in Sandusky, Ill.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Surviving are four sons, David Moreno of South Dakota, Ricky Moreno of North Dakota, Bobby Moreno of Cairo, Ill., Eric Moreno; two daughters, Gina Moreno of O'Fallon, Mo., and Arlene Moreno of Marion, Ill.; two brothers, Sam Moreno and Armondo Moreno, both of San Antonio; two sisters, Olivia Moreno of Toledo, Ohio and Connie Garcia of San Antonio; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Moses Moreno.
There will be no visitation.
There will be a memorial service at 11 a.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.