- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
KELSO, Mo. -- Emma Rita Scherer, 82, of Kelso died Thursday, Jan. 7, 2010 at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 6, 1927 in Kelso, to John W. and Clara Seyer Compass. She married Leon Albert Scherer on May 26, 1948, in Kelso. He died March 7, 1992.
She was a homemaker and a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, St. Ann's Ladies Sodality and Ladies Auxiliary Council 6420 of the Knights of Columbus in Scott City.
She is survived by four daughters, Lee Anna (James) Schultz and Pat (John) Davie of Cape Girardeau, Charlotte (Richard) Knaup of Jackson and Theresa (Farron) King of Scott City; eight grandchildren, Christopher and Andrew Schultz, Jonathan (Meagan) and Brent Knaup, Ashlie and Nathan Davie, and Alex and Adam King.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a sister, Vernita Bles; and a brother, Gene Compass.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City with the Rev. John Harth as celebrant.
Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery in Kelso.