- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mary A. Myer, 83, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Benton, Mo., died Wednesday, April 6, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Jan. 15, 1922, at Kelso, Mo., daughter of Lawrence Henry and Ella Pobst Weissmueller. She and Dewitte A. Myer were married July 31, 1947, in Cape Girardeau.
Myer was a cook 27 years at County Seat Restaurant in Benton and Sands Pancake House in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Mike and David Myer of Jackson, Jim Myer of Cape Girardeau, and Gary Myer of Benton; two daughters, Darlene Myer of Cape Girardeau, Sandy Luke of San Antonio, Texas; a brother, Johnny Weissmueller of Chaffee, Mo.; four sisters, Clara Steimle of New Hamburg, Mo., Christine Schaeffer and Lorene Wolak of Jackson, Anna Marie Seiler of Old Appleton, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.