- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Franchon White, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, April 5, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 16, 1915, in Jonesboro, Ark., daughter of E.E. and Theresa O'Hare Palsgrove Sr. She and Robert Fulton White were married Feb. 12, 1938, in Cape Girardeau. He died Oct. 31, 1987.
Mrs. White had been a secretary for Little River Drainage District, First Baptist Church, and Dr. Fuller. She was a member of First Baptist Church and was active many years in the Women's Missionary Union at the church.
Survivors include a son, Robert White of Cape Girardeau; a brother, E.E. Palsgrove Jr. of Cape Girardeau; a grandson, Timothy White of Jackson; and a great-grandson, Tyson White of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and a brother, Jack Palsgrove.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Shupert officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to the Lutheran Home.