- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Franchon White, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, April 5, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 16, 1915, in Jonesboro, Ark., daughter of E.E. and Theresa O'Hare Palsgrove Sr. She and Robert Fulton White were married Feb. 12, 1938, in Cape Girardeau. He died Oct. 31, 1987.
Mrs. White had been a secretary for Little River Drainage District, First Baptist Church, and Dr. Fuller. She was a member of First Baptist Church and was active many years in the Women's Missionary Union at the church.
Survivors include a son, Robert White of Cape Girardeau; a brother, E.E. Palsgrove Jr. of Cape Girardeau; a grandson, Timothy White of Jackson; and a great-grandson, Tyson White of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and a brother, Jack Palsgrove.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Shupert officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to the Lutheran Home.