- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Redhawks in a box
To show support for those in need in the Cape Girardeau community, student groups will be sleeping outside in boxes overnight.
The event, held from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at Southeast Missouri State University Academic Terraces, is sponsored by the Group Housing staff and Group Area Council in the Office of Residence Life. Monetary donations distributed to Habitat for Humanity and the Salvation Army will be collected before the event.
Clothing and non-perishable food will be collected before and during the event. For more information, contact Joanna Shaver at 651-2003.