- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lorene Mae Speer, 83, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was the daughter of Harry and Laura Worley Staples. She and William "Joe" Speer were married Oct. 26, 1965, in Cape Girardeau.
Lorene was a beautician 26 years. She worked at Mr. Paul's Beauty Shop from 1964 to 1971. She opened her own shop, Mid Town Hairstyling, in 1975. She retired in 1996.
She was a member of VFW Auxiliary and past member of Eastern Star. Lorene was of the Baptist belief.
She is survived by her husband, William "Joe" Speer; a son, Harold "Rick" Davie of Stoughton, Wis.; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; first husband, Robert B. Davie; a son, Robert "Butch" Davie; a brother, sister; and a granddaughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Entombment will follow in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Lung Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.