- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
HILLSBORO, Mo. -- Rose Beardslee, 90, of Hillsboro died Saturday, Jan. 2, 2010, at Missouri Baptist Medical Center in St. Louis.
She was born Dec. 10, 1919, in Illmo (Scott City), daughter to William Henry and Rose Missouri Palmer Shaw.
Survivors include five children, Ruth Beardslee of St. Charles, Mo., John (Darlene) Beardslee of Altenburg, Mo., Robert (Sherie) Beardslee of Hillsboro, Elizabeth (Michael) McKim of Dittmer, Mo., Patricia (John) Fischer of Manchester, Mo.; two brothers, William Henry Shaw Jr. and Dr. Robert Shaw of Columbia, Mo.; and 10 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John Ranney Beardslee; and five sisters, Gussie Schaffer, Helen Endrizzi, Mildred Russel, Emma Fremont and Hazel Adams.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral Home, 220 N. Main, De Soto, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Hillsboro United Methodist Church, 4810 State Road B in Hillsboro.
Interment will be in Hillsboro Cemetery.