- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Herschel Ralph Burlison, 85, of Corydon, Ind., formerly of Sikeston, passed away Friday, Jan. 1, 2010, at Indian Creek Health and Rehab Center in Corydon.
He was born Nov. 25, 1924, at Vanduser, Mo., son of Ralph and Bertha Lee Burlison.
Herschel worked in the maintenance department at J&T Press 25 years.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Herschel married Margaret Miller, who preceded him in death June 8, 2009.
Survivors include a son, Steven Burlison of Moore Haven, Fla.; three daughters, Beverly Hayward of Auburn, Ind., Carla Cotter of Flagstaff, Ariz., Jonetta Johnson of Corydon; a brother, Harold "Hoover" Burlison of Perkins, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11:30 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Daniel Payton officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.