- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Tom Conder, 71, of Poplar Bluff, formerly of Grassy, Mo., passed away at his home Monday, Jan. 4, 2010.
He was born April 11, 1938, near Zalma, Mo., son of Sampson Conder and Glenda Randolph Conder Hood. He and Lorene Withrow Story were married Aug. 16, 1980, in Poplar Bluff.
Conder retired as a yard foreman with a lumber company in Lodi, Mo.
Besides his wife he is survived by stepchildren Gary Wright, Donna Crowley and Doug Ward, all of Poplar Bluff, Stanley Wright of Makanda, Ill., Pamela Fox of Bull Shoals, Ark., Lester Story of Williamsville, Mo.; a brother, Trennis Conder of Gipsy, Mo.; a sister, Evelyn Conder of Scott City; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
A brother, Benny Conder, preceded him in death.
Visitation will be from 6 to 9 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Ham Town Cemetery near Wappapello, Mo.