- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Robert Louis Krudwig, 71, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Anna, Ill., died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2009, at Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born on Dec. 18, 1938, in St. Louis, to John Bernard and Eleanor Busch Krudwig. He and Florence Sovar were married Dec. 19, 1964.
While Krudwig worked at McDonnell Douglas he was a draftsman and worked in hydraulics for the Blue Angels aircraft. In the early 1970s he moved to Anna. Krudwig was a real estate broker for United Farm Agency. In the 1980s he purchased Johnson County Abstract in Vienna, Ill., and worked as an abstracter and agent in Chicago Title Insurance Co. He loved this work. Krudwig retired in 2008 because of health problems.
Krudwig enjoyed woodworking projects, gardening and spending time with his family. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge No. 520 AF & AM.
Survivors include his wife, Florence, of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Diane (Mike) Higgins of Cape Girardeau, Nancy (Robb) Steele of St. Louis; two grandchildren, Jacob Higgins and Sarah Higgins, both of Cape Girardeau; one sister, JoAnn (James) Todd of Las Cruces, N.M.; a brother, George (Kathryn) Krudwig of Springfield, Mo.; two sisters-in-law, Shirley (Richard) Mueller of St. Peters, Mo., Doris Sovar of Anna; two brothers-in-law, Donald (Carol) Sovar of St. Louis, Richard (Evelyn) Sovar of Fenton, Mo.; many nieces, nephews and other relatives.
He was proceeded in death by his parents.
Funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. today at St. Mark Lutheran Church, with the Rev. S. Michael Malone officiating.
Visitation was held 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd., and will be from 9 to 10 a.m. today at St. Mark Lutheran Church.
Burial will be in Cape Girardeau County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to the Salvation Army and will be accepted at the funeral home and the church.
Visit www.crainsonline.com to leave online condolences.