- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Margaret Compas, 81, passed away Friday, Jan. 1, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 10, 1928, in Chaffee to the late Gregory and Maggie J. Glency Westrich.
Margaret married Ervin Compas on June 20, 1953, and he survives.
She worked as a machine operator for Buckstein Pants Factory for 10 years and later worked for Sports Specialty Shoe Co., both in Chaffee. She retired as a machine operator at Blair Industry in Scott City.
She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee. She was active in the Daughters of St. Ambrose, Ladies Auxiliary of the Chaffee American Post No. 389 and Laides Auxillary of the Chaffee VFW Post No. 3127.
Survivors included her husband; two sons, Mike (Pamela) Compas and Bill Compas, both of Cape Girardeau; two granddaughters, Amanda (Robbie) Adams of Delta and Michelle (Garett) Dunning of Jackson; two great-grandsons, Robbie Adams and Ryan Adams, both of Delta; two sisters, Virginia (Marcus) Seyer of Chaffee and Imogene (Leroy) Gouge of St. Ann, Mo.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with parish prayers at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery.