- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Gas prices down in Missouri in 2009
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Gas prices in Missouri slipped some in 2009 from the previous year even though they've climbed a bit in recent weeks.
AAA Missouri reported Thursday that the annual average price for self-service, regular gasoline in Missouri was $2.17 in 2009. That compares to $3.16 in 2008.
That translates to a $522 savings on 600 gallons, what the average motorist uses in a year.
Missouri's statewide average price finished the year Thursday at $2.46. The only state with a cheaper price was Wyoming at $2.44.
In 2008, Missouri finished the year with an average price of $1.40, more than a dollar a gallon below the current price.
The all-time high price for gas in Missouri was $3.95 a gallon, set on July 16, 2008.