- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Joyce Ann Coffman, 73, of Jackson died Friday, Dec. 25, 2009, at Lutheran Home Assisted Living East in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 29, 1936, in Madison, Ill., to Matt and Lillian Sweet Smock. She and Ronald Coffman were married March 10, 1954, in Granite City, Ill. He preceded her in death in 1996.
Coffman worked for Kmart Corp. 21 years.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary (James) Johnson of Millersville; a brother, Wallace Smock of Granite City; a stepgranddaughter, Keisha Johnson of St. Charles, Mo.; and two great-stepgrandchildren, Autumn and Aliyah Kelly of St. Charles.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a son, a daughter, a brother and two sisters.
There is no visitation.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Jan. 6 at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Catholic Cemetery in Granite City.
Memorial contributions may be given to the United Church of Christ in Jackson.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.