- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Rosella M. Kaempfe, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2009, at her home.
She was born Sept. 18, 1916, in Whitewater, daughter of Martin and Effie Huckstep Rhodes. She married Charles H. Kaempfe in 1946. He preceded her in death in 1981.
As a child she lived in Riverside, Calif. After returning to Cape Girardeau, she worked at the old Saint Francis Hospital. She later worked as an inspector at Florsheim Shoe Co., retiring in 1979. After retirement she was an active volunteer for many charitable organizations including the Cape Girardeau Senior Center. She was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
She is survived by a grandson, John Robertson of Cape Girardeau; a granddaughter, Rachelle Vinyard of Frisco, Texas; two great-grandchildren, Mary Grace and John Wren Vinyard of Frisco; a sister, Rosemary Enderle of Fenton, Mo; a niece, Bonnie Young of Fenton; and a nephew, Mike Enderle of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; a daughter, Jean Caldwell Robertson; and two brothers, Charles and Norman Rhodes.
A private ceremony will be held at Cape County Memorial Park, with Pastor Douglas Breite officiating.
Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.