- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Issues on today's ballot
Approval of school bonds in Jackson and Benton, Mo., creation of a water district and elimination of a road district in Scott County, a new government in McClure, Ill., and school board and city council representation across the area are among the choices facing area voters at the polls today.
Polls will open at 6 this morning and close at 7 tonight.
On the ballot are:
* A $27 million bond issue for renovations and additions at Jackson High School.
* Kelly School District's bond issue to build a high school with 15 classrooms and a library for $2.6 million, with another $900,000 going toward a new multipurpose gym and cafeteria.
* Election of the first-ever village government for McClure, Ill.
* A three-way race in Cape Girardeau's Ward 3 that includes a write-in candidate.
* A $600,000 bond issue to improve the water system in Gordonville and Dutchtown.