- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Clinton E. "Buddy" Koenig, 84, of Perryville died Sunday, Dec. 27, 2009, at Independence Care Center.
He was born June 30, 1925, at Altenburg, Mo., son of William Ben and Louise Oberndorfer Koenig. He and Lillian Pelate were married Feb. 28, 1963, in St. Louis.
Koenig retired as a truck driver with Thilenius Distributing. He then worked for Bening Automotive Group 22 years. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, Perryville Elks, VFW, American Legion, Amvets and was a Knights of Columbus booster.
A World War II veteran, he was a sergeant in the U.S. Army and received two Bronze Stars.
Survivors include his wife, Lillian Koenig of Perryville; two daughters, Bobbie Gale Gould of St. Charles, Mo., Sherry Lee DeShong of Sacramento, Calif.; two sisters, Vera Meyer of Chesterfield, Mo., Lydia Groh of Arizona; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
All services are private.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.