- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Practical Nursing graduates attain 100% pass rate
The 2009 Practical Nursing graduates from the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center attained a 100% pass rate on the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses, which qualify them to provide nursing care as Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).
Pictured here following their recent graduation are LPNs Megan Blechle, Casey Bohnert, Sarah Cochran, Holly Comte, Courtney Crisler, Brittni DeProw, Mary Ernst, Sarah Hemby, Jenny Holmes, Joy Johnson, Joshua Lange, Matthew Lynn, Mallory McCluskey, Brittany McIntyre, Brian Miller, Mary Moore, Julie Murakami, Stephanie Nanney, Linda Sanders, Felicia Saxon, Ronda Schiwitz, Whitney Schlosser, Beth Shock, Janet Stewart, Lee Thomas, Andrea Tripoli, Pamela Walls, Kristal Ward, and Sarah Wasson.
The practical nursing program at Cape Career and Technology Center has two options-- one-year day classes or two-year evening classes. Both programs include 1350 hours of classroom instruction and hands-on clinical experience, and have been a part of the Cape Girardeau Public School System for the past 36 years. More than 700 students have graduated from the program which boasts an overall pass rate of 98.2%. LPNs from this program provide nursing care in a variety of health care settings in our community.