- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Practical Nursing graduates attain 100% pass rate
The 2009 Practical Nursing graduates from the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center attained a 100% pass rate on the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses, which qualify them to provide nursing care as Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).
Pictured here following their recent graduation are LPNs Megan Blechle, Casey Bohnert, Sarah Cochran, Holly Comte, Courtney Crisler, Brittni DeProw, Mary Ernst, Sarah Hemby, Jenny Holmes, Joy Johnson, Joshua Lange, Matthew Lynn, Mallory McCluskey, Brittany McIntyre, Brian Miller, Mary Moore, Julie Murakami, Stephanie Nanney, Linda Sanders, Felicia Saxon, Ronda Schiwitz, Whitney Schlosser, Beth Shock, Janet Stewart, Lee Thomas, Andrea Tripoli, Pamela Walls, Kristal Ward, and Sarah Wasson.
The practical nursing program at Cape Career and Technology Center has two options-- one-year day classes or two-year evening classes. Both programs include 1350 hours of classroom instruction and hands-on clinical experience, and have been a part of the Cape Girardeau Public School System for the past 36 years. More than 700 students have graduated from the program which boasts an overall pass rate of 98.2%. LPNs from this program provide nursing care in a variety of health care settings in our community.