- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Elizabeth L. "Betty" Blackwell, 80, of Jackson died Friday, Dec. 25, 2009, at her home.
She was born March 20, 1929, in Cape Girardeau, to Henry Marshall and Alberta Wright Lewis. She and Bob Blackwell were married Friday, Sept. 15, 1950, at Piggott, Ark.
She was of the Baptist belief. She was a former Boy Scout leader and Bible school teacher, and very active in PTA, Girl Scouts and numerous youth activities. Her main joy was life, family and her pets.
Survivors include her spouse, Bob Blackwell of Jackson; three sons, Robert Blackwell of Cape Girardeau, Michael Blackwell of Fruitland, Mark L. Blackwell of Oak Ridge; two daughters, Debbie Schlick of Fruitland, Sandy Blackwell Castro of Dallas; a sister, Helen Summer of Jackson; 10 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and two sisters.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.