- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Maxine Bridges, 84, of Jackson passed away Sunday, Dec. 27, 2009, at her home.
She was born Jan. 14, 1925, in Scopus, Mo., daughter of Naaman and Flora Brown Welker. She and Clyde Bridges were married April 12, 1946, in Patton, Mo.
Maxine worked at the former Jackson Hosiery Mill 25 years, the former Lambert's Fabric Store in Cape Girardeau three years, and had worked in the fabric department at the Jackson Walmart from 1978 to 1993.
She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson since 1964 and served in the children's department as secretary a number of years. She was a former member of Jackson Order of Eastern Star and a past worthy matron.
Loving survivors include her husband of 63 years; a son and daughter-in-law, Stanley and Joyce Bridges of Wentzville, Mo.; a granddaughter, Patti Lynn Bridges of Springfield, Mo.; two brothers, Clytus Welker of Valley Park, Mo., and Larry (Janie) Welker of Marble Hill, Mo.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tommy Weems officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to First Baptist Church in Jackson.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.