- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
C. Stephen England, 56, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of East Prairie, Mo., died Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009, at his home.
He was born May 13, 1953, at Sikeston, Mo., to Joan Johnson England, who survives of Cape Girardeau, and the late Charles A. England.
He had a love and passion for music and had studied voice with Katherine Boone and Avis Muench.
Surviving besides his mother are five aunts, Sharon Schisler of St. Louis, Nadine Sterling of Imperial, Mo., Evelyn Upton of East Prairie, Bernita Johnson of St. Louis, Doris J. Ganus of Searcy, Ark.; his beloved dog, Corky; and a number of cousins, relatives and friends.
In addition to his father, he was preceded in death by paternal grandparents, Cashus and Mary England, and maternal grandparents, Frank and Stella Johnson.
Graveside service was held Monday at IOOF Cemetery in Charleston, Mo., with Danny Kuykendall of Sikeston officiating.
McMikle Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences my be shared at www.mcmiklefuneralhome.com