- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)2
Projecting our unhappiness
I've been puzzled by the vehemence of the complaints about the health care issue and the role of government in general. My point is that government starts in the family unit. It may be that, because of projection, people's unhappiness comes out as unhappiness on the federal level. That is to say, there must be a lot of unhappy marriages out there.
HARLAN E. FIEHLER, Thebes, Ill.