- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- New regents president named after Knudtson decides not to seek second term (12/18/17)
- Southeast rings bell for 807 December graduates (12/18/17)
Projecting our unhappiness
I've been puzzled by the vehemence of the complaints about the health care issue and the role of government in general. My point is that government starts in the family unit. It may be that, because of projection, people's unhappiness comes out as unhappiness on the federal level. That is to say, there must be a lot of unhappy marriages out there.
HARLAN E. FIEHLER, Thebes, Ill.