- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Sikeston police arrest man in connection with Christmas Eve robbery
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A man is in custody following an armed robbery of a Sikeston business on Christmas Eve.
The Sikeston Department of Public Safety received a call around 9:30 p.m. Thursday about an armed robbery at Fas Gas, 600 N. Main St. A male suspect later identified as Mareno Jones, 22, reportedly walked into the business brandishing a weapon and demanding cash. He then ran out the door with an undisclosed amount of money and fled the scene, police said.
Jones was found about two hours later at a residence on Matthews Street and arrested without incident.
Jones was charged with robbery, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon.
Jones remained in custody Monday at the Scott County Jail under a $25,000 bond.
600 N. Main St., Sikeston, MO