- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Lucille Rose Christoff, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 26, 2009, at the Lutheran Home Assisted Living Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 30, 1918, in Cape Girardeau to Alvin and Elma Vandever Haas. She married Virgil Christoff on Sept. 20, 1940. He preceded her in death June 1, 1998.
Her Catholic faith was her anchor. She was an active member of St. Vincent de Paul Parish. She and her husband were very active in marriage encounter and the Cursillo organization. She actively participated in the St. Vincent de Paul Womens Council.
She was an avid seamstress. She loved to sew and made numerous items for her family. She was a registered nurse and retired from Saint Francis Medical Center after more than 30 years of service.
Survivors include two sons, Gary (Doris) Christoff of Eldon, Mo. and David Christoff (Judy) of Manchester, Mo.; three daughters, Carolyn (George) Spinner of Cape Girardeau, Ellen (Nick) Pappas of St. Louis and Jane (Gary) Wibbenmeyer of Brentwood, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; 30 great grandchildren; a brother, Kenneth Haas of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Joan Lane of Festus, Mo.; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents and three brothers, Alvin, Harold and John Haas.
A rosary service will be held at 10:30 a.m. today at St. Vincent de Paul Parish in Cape Girardeau.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with Father Robert Brockland officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to St. Vincent de Paul Parish or to The Eternal World Television Network. Envelopes will be available at the church or donations can be mailed to Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.
Arrangements provided by Crain Funeral Home.