- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Richard Roland "Dick" Schwettman Sr., 80, of Scott City died Saturday Dec. 26, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 6, 1929, the son of Guy Edward and Mildred Segraves Schwettman.
He and Mary Jo Steger were married Feb. 16, 1960, in Scott City.
He was a sheet metal worker with Local 36 in St. Louis.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Guy (Sandy) Schwettman of Monroe City, Mo., Richard R. Schwettman, Jr. of Belgrade, Mo., Scott (Debbie) Schwettman and Jeff (Michelle) Schwettman, both of Scott City; two daughters, Brenda (Tony) Martin of Clute, Texas, and Connie Novotny of St. Louis; a sister, Carole Weaver of Pensacola, Fla.; 17 grandchildrenl and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.
Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City. Larry Dunger will officiate.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel is providing arrangements.