- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sikeston man killed in accident on Route WW
A Sikeston, Mo., man died Saturday night in a one-vehicle accident in Stoddard County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Richard L. Hale, 45, of Sikeston was driving a 2010 Dodge northbound on Route WW five miles north of Dudley, Mo., when the vehicle ran off the right side of the roadway, struck a culvert and a sign and overturned.
Hale was wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, which occurred about 11:10 p.m.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Stoddard County Coroner.