- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Stephen Paul Haupt, 57, of Monrovia, Calif., passed away Saturday, Dec. 12, 2009, at Methodist Hospital in Monrovia.
He was born Aug. 5, 1952, in Cape Girardeau, son of John and Loretta Halter Haupt.
Stephen was a graduate of College High School, worked for B.J. Hughes Oil Co. in Colorado, and was employed by Bank of America 25 years.
He was a member of the National Guard.
Survivors include his mother, Loretta Haupt of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Don and David Haupt of Cape Girardeau, Charles Haupt of Kansas City, Mo., Daniel Haupt of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Susan Jaco of Whitewater, Margaret Moore of Kansas City; many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, John Haupt.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.