- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Lucille Rose Christoff, 91, of Cape Girardeau died at 7:05 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 26, 2009, at the Lutheran Home Assisted Living Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 30, 1918, in Cape Girardeau to Alvin and Elma Vandever Haas. She married Virgil Christoff on Sept. 20, 1940. He preceded her in death June 1, 1998.
Lucille's Catholic faith was her anchor. She was an active member of St. Vincent de Paul Parish. She, along with her husband, was very active in marriage encounter and the Cursillo organization. She very actively participated in the St. Vincent de Paul Women's Council.
Lucille was an avid seamstress. She loved to sew and made numerous items for her family. She was a registered nurse and retired from Saint Francis Medical Center after more than 30 years of service.
She is survived by two sons, Gary (Doris) Christoff of Eldon, Mo., and David Christoff (Judy) of Manchester, Mo.; three daughters, Carolyn Spinner (George) of Cape Girardeau, Ellen Pappas (Nick) of St. Louis and Jane Wibbenmeyer (Gary) of Brentwood, Mo.; a brother, Kenneth Haas of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Joan Lane of Festus, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents and three brothers, Alvin, Harold and John Haas.
Visitation for friends and family will be from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Parish in Cape Girardeau.
A rosary service will be held at 10:30 a.m. and funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Parish, with the Rev. Robert Brockland officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family prefers memorial contributions be made to St. Vincent de Paul Parish or The Eternal World Television Network. Envelopes will be available at the church or donations can be mailed to Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.