- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Clara Mildred Barnett, 97, of Scott City died Friday, Dec. 25, 2009, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born July 20, 1912, in Anna, Ill., the daughter of Samuel Clarence and Elizabeth Izora Holshouser McCommons. She and James Alfred Barnett were married May 20, 1928, at Benton, Mo. He preceded her in death Oct. 12, 1969.
Survivors include two sons, James "Bert" (Mildred) Barnett of Festus, Mo., and Billy (Joyce) Barnett of Scott City; two sisters, Erie Rossen of Anna and Mary Casper of Jonesboro, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and numerous great-grandchildren. She was also preceded in death by a son, daughter, brother and sister.
Friends may call from 11:30 a.m. until the funeral service time at 2 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. The Rev. Randy Morse will officiate.
Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City.