- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gladys G. Tuschhoff, 81, of Jackson passed away Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 30, 1928, in Millersville, to John A. and Naida Kistner Peek Sr. She and Walter D. Tuschhoff were married Oct. 25, 1947. He passed away June 9, 1982.
In their early married years, the Tuschhoffs lived in St. Louis, and Gladys was employed at the former D. Smith Elementary School and Kats Department Store. She was active in PTA and Girl Scout leadership and is a 45-year dual member of the St. Louis and Oak Ridge Order of Eastern Star.
After moving to Jackson, Gladys returned to homemaking. In her spare time she did porcelain sculpture, crafts, crocheting, painting and enjoyed teaching others her skills.
She was a member of Emanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson.
Loving survivors include a daughter, Janis (Kenny) Koch of Altenburg; two grandsons, Keith (Tina) Latham and Kevin (Susan) Richard, all of Jackson; a stepgranddaughter, Rachelle (John) Lukefahr of Biehle, Mo.; a great-grandson, Alexander Richard; three great-stepgrandchildren, Lauren, Tyler and Trevor Lukefahr; a sister, Velma (John) Crites of Cape Girardeau; sister-in-law, Joanna Peek of Cape Girardeau; special cousins, Jerry Peek and Dale Peek; several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband; a son, Jerry Wayne Tuschhoff; and a brother, John Peek Jr.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson. An Eastern Star Service will be held at 7 p.m.
Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating.
Burial will follow at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the Oak Ridge Eastern Star.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.