- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
The 2009 Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament opened Saturday at the Show Me Center and will resume at 9 a.m. Monday. Quarterfinals are slated for Tuesday followed by finals Wednesday.
The tournament brings together 16 high school boys basketball teams from throughout Southeast Missouri, many having rivalries going back for decades.
In addition to seeing their favorite teams play, fans also have traditionally used the Christmas Tournament as a sort of high school reunion, reconnecting with old friends and making new ones.
Fans who can't make it to the Show Me Center for all the games can keep track of the action on semoball.com featuring live blogging and chatting during each game and an online scoreboard to get all the final results. Semoball.com also will have photos and video interviews.
Playing in the Show Me Center is quite a treat for the high school players, and having a large crowd on hand to cheer them on is an experience that will last a lifetime. Typically, the last two days of the Christmas Tournament draw sellout crowds.
Enjoy this year's tournament and root for all your teams as they provide another year of outstanding prep basketball at the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament.