- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Lauren Brooke Rhodes, 16, of Marble Hill, died Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009 as a result of a one-vehicle accident.
She was born Oct. 27, 1993, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of Kenneth R. and Mekesha Seets Rhodes Jr.
Lauren was a Sophomore at Woodland High School where she was an honor student, a member of FCCLA, FFA, and Beta Club. She played softball and was a member of the United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her parents, Kenneth and Mekesha Rhodes of Marble Hill; a brother, Brandon M. Rhodes; two sisters, Natasha A. and Makenna F. Rhodes all of the home; paternal grandparents Kenneth and Loretta Rhodes of Marble Hill; maternal grandmother Donna Kirn of Mesa, Ariz.; and paternal great-grandmother Peggy J. Warner of Marble Hill.
She was preceded in death by her paternal great-grandfather and maternal great-grandparents.
Visitation will be Sunday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral Services will be Monday at 10 a.m. at New Salem Baptist Church with the Rev. Anthony Stewart and Rev. Micah Bristow officiating. Burial will follow in the Plainview Cemetery near Marble Hill.