- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DESOTO, Mo. -- Gladys Hope, 86, of DeSoto, formerly of Chaffee, Mo., died Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009 at The Villa in DeSoto.
She was born Feb. 27, 1923, at Allenville, daughter of Robert and Maude Williams Chapman. She and Thomas "Tommy" Hope were married Dec. 24, 1947. He died March 18, 1993.
Gladys retired from Florsheim Shoe as a machine operator. She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Chaffee and Chaffee V.F.W. Ladies Auxiliary Post 3127.
Survivors include two sons, W. H. Blair of Arnold, Mo., and Terry Hope of Festus, Mo.; four grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a daughter, three brothers and one sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time on Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.