- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Stephen Paul Haupt, 57, of Monrovia, Calif., passed away Saturday, Dec. 12, 2009, at Methodist Hospital in Monrovia.
He was born Aug. 5, 1952, in Cape Girardeau, son of John and Loretta Halter Haupt.
Stephen was a graduate of College High School, worked for B.J. Hughes Oil Co. in Colorado, and was employed by Bank of America 25 years.
He was a member of the National Guard.
Survivors include his mother, Loretta Haupt of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Don and David Haupt of Cape Girardeau, Charles Haupt of Kansas City, Mo., Daniel Haupt of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Susan Jaco of Whitewater, Margaret Moore of Kansas City; many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, John Haupt.
Visitation will be Sunday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.