- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dixon - 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Dixon of Jackson celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Dec. 26, 2009. A reception is planned at a later date.
Dixon and Betty Evans were married Dec. 26, 1959, at First Methodist Church in West Plains, Mo.
Mrs. Dixon is a graduate of Bloomfield High School and Missouri Baptist School of Nursing. She was a registered nurse at Richland Public Schools and at Procter and Gamble.
Dixon is a graduate of Dexter High School, and a veteran of the U.S. Army. He retired from Bell Telephone, where he was a cable installation and repair technician.
They are active members of Cape County Cowboy Church.
The Dixons have two children, Kendra (Tim) Ward of Dexter and Kevin (Laurie) Dixon of Honolulu, Hawaii. They have three grandchildren, Brittany (Aaron) Mathis, Justin and Evan Ward, all of Dexter. They are awaiting the arrival of a fourth grandchild being adopted from China by Kevin and Laurie.